Thursday, October 30, 2008

First Posting

Greetings to all my family and friends!
This is my first posting, and I am one week away from my departure from MA, which I will then fly to Seattle to see my Brother, Todd and his girlfriend, Kathy until the 10th. Then I must fly back East to Boston, where I will then fly same day to JFK, then direct to Delhi. As of right now I will have a 17.5 hr layover in Delhi, to then fly NE to Bagdogra, which is the nearest airport to Sikkim, which must be driven into on dangerous and winding mountain roads. For more info on the Kingdom of Sikkim check out THIS page
I am anxiously awaiting my departure, and just found out I have intestinal parasites so I am doing all I can to rid my body of these before I leave. (I know its gruesome, but I am avowed to tell all in this blog, those of you who know me know that I can be a little indiscriminate).
Along the way I will be documenting step-by-step the progress that this project will take, along with photos and probably music that I am listening to. I am a first time blogger, so any and all input will keep me on my toes on updating this thing, and just knowing that people are paying attention might keep me motivated to continue with it. Thats all for now, it seems like I still have so much to do in this last week. Please hope for the best for me! To visit the Taktse International School website go HERE
I will post my project goals as soonas I arrive and see the terrain I am working with.
Ben

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ben, i am really excited to read, as time passes, what you have to say about this whole adventure. you are going to have such a good time, and working for a noble cause as well. stay motivated with this blog, and also get rid of those nasty parasites!!